Thursday, March 5, 2009

Linda Birthday Cake!

Hello! This cake below was made for my sister's MIL. Her name is Linda and since she is a mom and a grandma, they had me put all three! I hope she likes it! Its a half sheet WASC cake with vanilla buttercream frosting! YUM! I just drew a whole bunch of vines all over it and swirls and then added some spring like flowers and leaves! To get the circle border in the middle so nice, i used the rim of an 8 inch round pan and pressed gently into the cake and then went around the indentation and filled it in with a border! If I tried to make a circle on my own, it would SO be lopsided! Multiple views below...beware! :0)

Love, april












in the box and ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Your cakes are amazing!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always love to hear from other CM scrappers! :) The 7x7s are challenging because you dont have as much space to play with. The new 8x8 albums are actually much easier! I am a 12x12 girl myself though. :) I know exactly the album you are talking about. It came out in February a couple of years ago and is so pretty! Such a sweet idea for a gift - your hubby will love it! Visit often! :)

    ReplyDelete